10EaZy SW Dongle
10EaZy SW Dongle
10EaZy SW System Includes:
- Software licensing dongle
- Limited feature 10EaZy SPL monitoring software (downloadable from 10eazy.com)
10EaZy SW Software Features:
- Large, easy-to-read main display
- Intuitive user interface
- Multiple standard formats of SPL display
- Leq value and history display
- Extra scaleable display for additional information or public viewing output
- Webserver allows for remote viewing of any number of 10EaZy systems
- E-mail server - receive measurement results via e-mail instantly upon closing the system
- Logfile - Key values of the measurement are stored as .jpg for easy reference
NOTE: The 10EaZy SW dongle does not unlock 10EaZy features in Smaart v8.
10EaZy system hardware carries a one (1) year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty is valid from the date of original retail purchase and is a non-transferable warranty that extends only to the original purchaser.
Warranty does not cover or apply to (a) misuse, mishandling, and abuse, (b) products that have been modified, altered, or repaired by an unauthorized party (c) normal wear and tear, (d) damage that has occurred during shipping, (e) loss or theft, (f) damage caused by accident, fire, flood, lighting, or other force majeure events.
For evaluation/repair the entire 10EaZy system (microphone, interface & cable) must be returned to Rational Acoustics.
Upon evaluation (within the one-year warranty period):
- If any of the hardware components (microphone or interface) is found to have a manufacturing defect, a replacement will be provided, the system will be recalibrated free-of-charge and returned with shipping charges prepaid.
- If the hardware components do not have a manufacturing defect and are undamaged, but cannot be brought back up to spec, you can purchase a replacement microphone/microphone capsule or interface and we will recalibrate the system free-of-charge and return the system to you with shipping charges prepaid.
- If any of the hardware components is found to be physically damaged, modified, or altered you can purchase a replacement microphone/microphone capsule or interface and have us recalibrate & return the system for a $100 bench fee (plus return shipping charges).
Upon evaluation (outside of the one-year warranty period):
- You can purchase a replacement microphone/microphone capsule or interface and have us recalibrate & return the system for a $100 bench fee (plus return shipping charges).
** NOTE: Class 1 and Class 2 microphone capsules must adhere to strict tolerances to maintain their compliance, and as a result are far more sensitive instruments than the typical microphones found in a production environment. After some use, it is common that the 10EaZy microphones will simply succumb to the environment they are in - moisture builds up in the backplate of the capsule or hazer/fog fluid finds its way to the microphone, wear and tear to the BNC connection over time, etc.
As such, they should be considered as consumables that will eventually need to be replaced. The rate at which they will need to be replaced is depended on the conditions above, and how well they are taken care of in terms of storage and transportation when not in use.
For all 10EaZy system evaluation/repairs (warranty and non-warranty) please email Rational Support with a description of your system’s problem, the system serial number and proof of purchase (your order receipt or order # and date of purchase).
Please note that we can only ship 10EaZy products within North America.
For those who already own a quality measurement microphone, a calibrator and an audio interface, 10EaZy software may be purchased alone via the 10EaZy SW USB dongle.
Designed to meet the needs of those who already have appropriate hardware and expertise in SPL monitoring and who do not require IEC/ANSI compliance, the 10EaZy SW dongle provides the same limited feature set software as the 10EaZy RT system but carries a disclaimer on the screen stating that values cannot be guaranteed accurate, and has a different background color to differentiate it from Class 1 and Class 2 compliant 10EaZy systems.
NOTE: Given the variability of the hardware that can be used with the 10EaZy SW dongle, measurements cannot be guaranteed IEC/ANSI compliant by the manufacturer. However, the filters and accuracy in the 10EaZy software is fully capable of complying with IEC60672 Class 1 or 2, so if used with a Class 1 or Class 2 certified microphone and I-O, you should be able to perform measurements with Class 1 or Class 2 compliance.
Users will need to provide their own a PC running XP or Windows 7 (or better), a microphone, a calibrator and a recording interface. Once installed, the software is activated by the presence of the dongle. Replacement dongles are NOT available. If the dongle is lost or damaged, an entire new 10EaZy SW system must be purchased.
The 10EaZy software can be downloaded from the 10EaZy parent site here. Please note that 10EaZy software is an x86 based application and requires a PC with x86 architecture and will not run on laptops, tablets, etc with ARM processors.