Smaart SPL New License
Smaart SPL New License
Smaart SPL offers the same complete SPL measurement toolset from Smaart v8 in a purpose-built standalone package. Smaart SPL provides a powerful solution for monitoring, metering, and logging SPL - with a format and price point more accessible to users who don’t require the real-time frequency and impulse response mode analysis capabilities of our flagship Smaart v8 software.
Important: For accurate SPL measurements, this product requires the use of microphone calibrator in addition to a suitable acoustic test & measurement microphone and a microphone preamp / audio interface.
- Comprehensive SPL monitoring and logging of any number of calibrated inputs simultaneously
- SPL A, C, & unweighted Fast and Slow, Peak A, C, unweighted or Peak Octave banded frequency center
- Leq A, C, unweighted or Octave banded frequency center with user definable time-period from 1 second to 24 hours
- C-A bass ratio calculation
- OSHA and NIOSH exposure calculation
- L10, L50, L90 calculation
- 10 EaZy integration for Class 1 or 2 compliant SPL Measurement
- Integrated Maximum Average Meter (MAM) display
- Support for multiple 10 EaZy systems connected at once
- User-definable SPL grid window for viewing multiple SPL metrics simultaneously
- SPL History graph for navigating SPL Log files
- User definable SPL Alarms and ‘traffic light’ color display (green, yellow, red level definitions per SPL metric)
- Remote viewing via web-browser (over LAN or Internet)
- PDF report generation
Smaart is available for both the Microsoft® Windows® and macOS® operating systems. Besides the obvious OS differences, the two versions are exactly the same in functionality, look and operation. Below are the minimum hardware / OS requirements. Newer OS versions are compatible unless otherwise stated.
|Minimum Req.||Windows||macOS (64-bit only)|
|OS Version||Windows 7 SP1||OSX 10.11 (El Capitan)|
|Processor / CPU||2 GHz Dual-Core||2 GHz Dual-Core|
|Memory / RAM||2GB||2GB|
|Graphics||Intel HD 4000 OR 256mb VRAM*||Intel HD 4000 OR 256mb VRAM|
|Display||1024 x 768||1024 x 768|
|Sound||Compatible ASIO® or WAV/WDM drivers||Compatible Core Audio drivers|
These are the absolute minimum requirements for Smaart to operate. A more powerful setup may be required if you plan on taking more intensive measurements, using multiple windows, running a large amount of simultaneous transfer function measurements, etc.
- NOTE: Once a Smaart license has been registered to a license management account at my.rationalacoustics.com and activated on any computer, it is non-returnable and non-refundable. We encourage you to take advantage of the free 30-day demo or review the feature comparison in the Resources section below prior to purchasing your license.
- License codes are sent via email within 24 hours after purchase. If you do not see the email, please check your junk/spam folder.
- Each license of Smaart SPL includes (2) installation seats
- After purchasing, register your Smaart license code at my.rationalacoustics.com to an existing account, or create a new one.
- Internet access is required for the activation of Smaart SPL. However, once activated the program does not need an internet connection and can be operated offline.
- Once installed and activated on a computer, Smaart SPL cannot be deactivated by the user.
- In the case of theft, loss, or catastrophic failure, you will need to contact support to release that installation.
- Purchase of additional installations onto an existing license (or new license purchase) are available directly through your my.rationalacoustics.com account once you have registered your license.
Check out our Smaart Bundles.
Smaart SPL is a dedicated Sound Pressure Level metering, logging, and reporting application. SPL does not perform Spectrum, Transfer Function, or Impulse Response measurements.
Simple Interface with SPL History Plots
• Quick access to configuration functions and logging actions from a single, intuitive control bar
• SPL History timeline shows data collected over entire logged or live-logging event
• At-a-glance display of all calibrated inputs
• Expandable meter grid for unlimited user-defined SPL readouts
• Smaart SPL calculates 15 SPL metrics by default, additional customizable metrics may be configured using “Advanced Meter Config”
• Fully user configurable SPL Meter Grid window
• View multiple metrics from one or many microphones in real time
• Green, Yellow, and Red “traffic light” threshold controls for each metric independently
Web Browser Interface
• Remotely view Smaart SPL’s actively logging inputs via a networked (LAN or Internet) desktop or mobile device
• API supports multiple client connections
• Password protection option for access control
Alarms & Event Notes
• Configure alarms for any or all calibrated inputs
• Alarm Events are flagged in the SPL timeline and noted in the timestamped logfile
• Triggered Alarms cause the input in violation to flash for a user-definable duration
• “Add Note” events as needed to any actively logging input
Logging & Reporting
Smaart SPL creates logfiles in .txt format, and can generate
SPL Summary Reports for user-defined time ranges.
• Smaart SPL logs all default and user-configured SPL metrics
• Logfile contains a header for all Max values, as well as any overloads, alarm instances, and user-added notes.
• Click here for a sample log file.
SPL Summary Report
• Comprehensive and easy to interpret reporting for delivery of SPL data to production teams, venue management, archival purposes, or any other interested party.
• Optional automatic email generation to your default mail client
• Click here for a sample SPL summary.