- Unlimited simultaneous RTA measurements and live average of RTA data
- Fractional-Octave banding up to 1/48th octave resolution
- Fractional Octave or Line view of RTA data
- View data as banded, lines, or both simultaneously
- View Peak Holds, Target Curve (including cinema X-curves), and THD
- Accurately display SPL levels per 1 and 1/3 octave bands with calibrated inputs
- A, C, X, and Inverse weighting options for live and stored data
- 2, 4, 8, 16 FIFO, 1-10sec, Fast, Slow, a Infinite data averaging selections, plus “none”
- Spectrum-over-time with amplitude represented by color
- User definable dynamic range
- Scrollable line history
- Adjustable slice height resolution
- Full color or grey scale
Real Time Mode: Transfer Function (dual channel)
- Magnitude, Coherence, Phase, Live Impulse Response (Live IR) graphs
- Unlimited simultaneous TF measurement and live average of TF engines
- Simultaneous MTW and single-size FFT data acquisition from 128-128K
- Up to 1/48th oct smoothing for magnitude and phase graphs
- Reference delay finder with frequency filtering
- Automatic reference delay tracking
- Coherence and Coherence Squared, with quarter height option
- Progressive averaging selections of 1-10, plus infinite.
- A, C, X, and Inverse weighting options for live and stored data
- Polar and Complex magnitude averaging
- Supports AES-75
Impulse Response Mode (IR Mode)
- Linear, Logarithmic, Energy Time Curve, Spectrogram, Frequency, and Histogram graphs
- Unlimited simultaneous IR measurement
- Single and Dual channel IR measurement capability
- Single time window FFT selections from 128-512k
- Schroeder Reverse Integration curve for RT60 and EDT calculation
- Speech intelligibility criterion including CIS, STI, and STIPA
- Supports Noiseless and Noise Present STI calculation
- Automatic calculation of octave and 1/3 octave filter band passes
- User-definable frequency bandpass
- All-Bands table view for all acoustical values
SPL (Sound Pressure Level)
- Monitoring and Logging of an unlimited number of calibrated inputs
- SPL A, C, & Unweighted Fast and Slow
- Peak C, Peak Z (unweighted), Peak A, and Peak Octave banded frequency
- Leq A, C, unweighted, and Octave band with user definable time-period from 1sec-24 hours.
- C-A ratio calculation
- OHSA and NIOSH exposure calculation
- L10, L50, L90 calculation
- 10 EaZy integration for Class 1 or Class 2 compliant SPL measurement
- 10 EaZy Maximum Average Meter display
- User definable SPL grid display
- SPL History Display
- User definable Alarms and ‘traffic light’ meter display colors
- Remotely view actively logging inputs from a web browser via LAN
- PDF reports with customizable reporting selections
- Multi-output; mono, multi-mono, stereo
- Independent output trim
- 10 programmable output presets
- Random, Pseudorandom, SMPTE, and speech weighted noise
- Sine, Sweep, and File playback (.WAV .AIFF)
- Optional noise fade-in
- Unlimited simultaneous input and output channels
- ASIO, Wav, and CoreAudio driver support
- Input calibration for SPL
- Integrated gain and phantom power control with gain tracking for the Roland OctaCapture
- 10 EaZy hardware integration for Class 1 or Class 2 measurement
The minimum system requirements for the Smaart v9 platform have changed from Smaart v8. Please read the requirements below carefully to ensure v9 is compatible with your system.
|OS Version||Windows 10 (64-bit only)||macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)|
|Processor / CPU||6th gen Intel Core i5 or similar/newer*||6th gen Intel Core i5 or similar/newer (2015 or newer)
Any Apple Silicon M series
|Memory / RAM||4GB||4GB|
|Graphics||Hardware supporting DirectX 12**||Any|
|Display||1024 x 768||1024 x 768|
|Sound||ASIO® or WAV/WDM drivers||Core Audio drivers|
Note: Minimum requirements are established to ensure reasonable performance when default settings are used. Consider a more powerful computer if you plan to use large FFT sizes, or run many measurements at the same time.
*Smaart does not support "Windows on ARM"
**Must support Feature Level 12 / WDDM 2.0+
A Perpetual License does not expire. A Perpetual License is billed in-full for the cost of the license at the time of purchase, and remains valid indefinitely for the specific edition and version of the software you are licensed for.
Perpetual Licenses are delivered via email, and must be registered to a Smaart License Management Account (either new or existing) in order to access the installers for your license.
A Perpetual License is refundable within 30 days of purchase as long as it has not been registered to Smaart License Management account or installed on a computer. Once it has been registered and installed, it is non-returnable and non-refundable.
Perpetual licenses of Smaart Suite and Smaart RT come with 2 installation seats and perpetual licenses of Smaart LE and Smaart SPL come with 1 seat. Once a license has been registered, you can purchase additional seats for it through your Smaart License Management Account.
Perpetual Licenses can be upgraded to different editions of Smaart within the same version cycle (i.e. upgrading from Smaart RT v9 to Smaart Suite v9), and to subsequent versions upon their release (i.e. upgrading from Smaart Suite v9 to Smaart Suite v10). You do not lose your previous license when you upgrade.
An internet connection is required for initial activation of a Perpetual License and for receiving updates. Once activated, Smaart perpetual licenses can be operated offline.
Support, including updates and bug fixes, is provided at no cost for the duration of the license as long as the version of Smaart you are licensed for is the most current release.
Smaart Suite is the full-featured flagship Smaart program, including all three industry standard measurement modes (Real Time, Impulse Response, and SPL), with no functional limitations.
Suite is the edition that mostly closely matches the functionality found in Smaart v8.
One Interface, Three Modes
Smaart Suite contains all three Smaart modes: Real-Time, Impulse Response, and SPL. Each mode has a data register, plot area, and control bar associated with it and shares the overall program configuration, command, and control structure.
For a majority of Smaart users, Real Time mode is what makes Smaart smart. The single channel Spectrum, and dual channel Transfer Function measurements are essential tools for professional sound engineers all around the world. Real-Time Mode is specifically designed for sound system engineers to be able to accomplish their alignment and optimization work quickly, efficiently, and effectively.
Impulse Response Mode
Unlike Real-Time Mode which primarily displays measurement data in the frequency domain, IR Mode excels at displaying the response of a system in the time domain, with detailed Linear, Logarithmic, and ETC (energy time curve) views, Histogram and Spectrograph plots, as well as frequency response. Acoustical engineers will appreciate IR Mode for its detailed calculations and tables for RT60, STI, STIPA, CIS, and more.
Smaart's SPL Mode provides a powerful solution for monitoring, logging, and reporting sound pressure level. With SPL history plots, fully customizable metering, remote-viewing capabilities, Alarms and Event Notes, customizable 'traffic light' meter coloring, logging and report generation, and Class 1 or 2 capability with 10 EaZy hardware - Smaart is the industry's leading software based SPL monitoring solution.
Check out Smaart Suite
Full-featured flagship Smaart program including all three industry standard measurement modes (Real Time, Impulse Response, and SPL), with no functional limitations. If you are a current Smaart user, Suite is the direct upgrade from v8.
Check out Smaart RT
Stand-alone version of the Real Time Mode interface of Smaart Suite. RT includes all of the Real-Time mode features in Smaart Suite with no limitations or changes to the FFT-based measurement functionality. There is no IR mode and no SPL mode.
Check out Smaart LE
An edition of Smaart's Real Time Mode interface where the measurement settings for Spectrum and Transfer Function are fixed. If you are a Smaart user and have never changed the settings from defaults, LE is the ideal version of Smaart for you.
Check out Smaart SPL
A stand-alone version of the SPL Mode interface within Smaart Suite. Smaart SPL is ideal for engineers, facilities, or businesses that don't require the real-time frequency and impulse response capabilities found in Smaart Suite.