Smaart v8 New License
Smaart v8 is the industry leading, dual platform (Mac & Windows OS), FFT-Based, audio analysis software. Capable of performing unlimited simultaneous Spectrum, Transfer Function, Impulse Response, and SPL measurements – Smaart v8 is the most fully featured software-based audio analysis program offered by Rational Acoustics.
- Dual Platform (Mac & Windows operating systems)
- Single Channel Spectrum RTA & Spectrograph measurement
- Dual Channel Transfer Function (Magnitude, Coherence, Phase, Live IR) Measurement
- Impulse Response mode with a complete toolset of RT60, STI/STIPA, Clarity metrics and more
- SPL Measurement & Logging with Class 1 or Class 2 compliance*
- Unlimited simultaneous measurement of Real Time, Impulse Response, and SPL measurement data from multi-channel devices, or multiple multi-channel devices at a time.
- Tab Based interface with Multi-Window capability
- Intuitive Data handling system mirrors the computers file management system
- API for 3rd party applications or Smaart-to-Smaart remote control via the Client Window
- Integrated control for the Roland OctaCapture (+48v, Polarity, Gain & Gain Tracking)
- Signal Acquisition via Core Audio, ASIO, and WDM/WAVE audio drivers
- Sample rate support up to 96k
- Light & Dark interface skins and user definable skin colors via the Skin Manager
* With available 10 EaZy hardware systems
Smaart is available for both the Microsoft® Windows® and macOS® operating systems. Besides the obvious OS differences, the two versions are exactly the same in functionality, look and operation. Below are the minimum hardware / OS requirements. Newer OS versions are compatible unless otherwise stated.
|Minimum Req.||Windows||macOS (64-bit only)|
|OS Version||Windows 7 SP1||OSX 10.11 (El Capitan)|
|Processor / CPU||2 GHz Dual-Core||2 GHz Dual-Core|
|Memory / RAM||2GB||2GB|
|Graphics||Intel HD 4000 OR 256mb VRAM*||Intel HD 4000 OR 256mb VRAM|
|Display||1024 x 768||1024 x 768|
|Sound||Compatible ASIO® or WAV/WDM drivers||Compatible Core Audio drivers|
These are the absolute minimum requirements for Smaart to operate. A more powerful setup may be required if you plan on taking more intensive measurements, using multiple windows, running a large amount of simultaneous transfer function measurements, etc.
- NOTE: Once a Smaart license has been registered to a license management account at my.rationalacoustics.com and activated on any computer, it is non-returnable and non-refundable. We encourage you to take advantage of the free 30-day demo or review the feature comparison in the Resources section below prior to purchasing your license.
- License codes are sent via email within 24 hours after purchase. If you do not see the email, please check your junk/spam folder.
- Each license of Smaart includes (2) installation seats
- After purchasing, register your Smaart license code at my.rationalacoustics.com to an existing account, or create a new one.
- Smaart can be activated either automatically online (if an internet connection is detected), or manually offline. Once activated, the program does not need an internet connection and can be operated online.
- Activated installations can be deactivated within the application, allowing you to reclaim an installation to your license account in the case that your computer is being retired, replaced, or reformatted.
- In the case of theft, loss, or catastrophic failure, you will need to contact support to release that installation.
- Purchase of additional installations onto an existing license (or new license purchase) are available directly through your my.rationalacoustics.com account once you have registered your license.
Check out our Smaart Bundles.
As a software tool, Smaart v8 is purpose built to scale up to fit the requirements of even the most complex systems and environments. The only practical limitation of Smaart is your own – be it expanding your hardware universe or improving your knowledge through practice and training.
• Fractional-Octave banding up to 1/48th octave resolution
• Multi-Channel input allows for simultaneous display of multiple individual RTAs – as well as “live averages” of multiple inputs.
• Fractional Octave or Line view of RTA data
• Ability to view raw and banded data simultaneously
• View Peak Holds, Target Curve (including cinema X-curves), and THD
• Accurately display SPL levels per 1 and 1/3 octave bands with calibrated inputs
• FIFO and integrating averaging (2, 4, 8, 16 FIFO, 1-10 Sec, Inf, Fast, Slow)
• Spectrum-over-time with amplitude (level) represented by color
• Adjustable dynamic range
• Scrollable 1000+ line history
• Adjustable slice height
• Full Color or Grey Scale display
• Magnitude & Coherence, Phase, and Live Impulse Response (Live IR) graphs
• Unlimited simultaneous TF measurement and Live averaging of TF engines
• Multi-Time-Window (MTW) & MTW+ proprietary data acquisition
• Power of 2 FFT data acquisition from 128-32k
• Up to 1/48th octave smoothing resolution for magnitude and phase graphs
• Delay Finder with Advanced Frequency Locater
• Automatic Delay Tracking
• FIFO and integrating averaging
(2, 4, 8, 16 FIFO, 1-10 Sec, Inf, Fast, Slow)
• Support for Meyer Sounds M-Noise procedure
• Linear (Lin), Logarithmic (Log), Energy Time Curve (ETC), Spectrogram, Frequency, & Histogram graphs
• Unlimited simultaneous IR Measurement
• Single and Dual channel IR Measurement capability
• Power of 2 FFT selection from 128 (2ms) to 512k (10922 ms)
• Schroeder Reverse Integration Curve for RT60 and EDT Calculation
• Speech Intelligibility Criterion including CIS, STI, and STIPA
• Calculate both Noiseless or Noise Present STI
• Automatic calculation of octave and 1/3 octave filter band passes
• User-definable frequency bandpass
• Support for synchronizing the FFT selection to the signal generator using pseudorandom noise and pink sweep
• All-Bands detail table view for all automatically generated acoustical criterion
Sound Pressure Level (SPL) Monitoring
• Comprehensive SPL monitoring and logging of any number of calibrated inputs simultaneously
• SPL A, C, & unweighted Fast and Slow, Peak A, C, unweighted or Peak Octave banded frequency center
• Leq A, C, unweighted or Octave banded frequency center with user definable time-period from 1 second to 24 hours
• C-A bass ratio calculation
• OSHA and NIOSH exposure calculation
• L10, L50, L90 calculation
• 10 EaZy integration for Class 1 or 2 compliant SPL Measurement with Integrated Maximum Average Meter (MAM) display
• User-definable SPL grid window for viewing multiple SPL metrics simultaneously
• SPL History Window for navigating SPL Log files
• User definable SPL Alarms and ‘traffic light’ color display (green, yellow, red level definitions per SPL metric)
• Remote viewing via web-browser (over LAN or Internet)
• PDF report generation
Dual-Mono Signal Generator
• Random Pink Noise
• Pseudorandom Pink Noise
-- User adjustable time-constant from 128 to 1024k
-- Broadband or user-definable band-limiting
-- Speech Weighted noise spectrum
-- Drop IR Data window option for synch-IR measurement
• Pink Sweep (swept-sine tone)
-- User adjustable cycle period from 32k to 1024k
-- Triggerable by IR measurement
• Sine wave or dual-sine wave with user adjustable frequency/frequencies
• File Playback via .wav or .AIFF file formats (left side only for stereo files)
• Optionally capture of data stops the signal generator
• Unlimited simultaneous input channels and devices
• ASIO, Wav/WDM, and Core Audio driver support
• Input calibration for SPL
• Integrated Gain & Phantom Power control with gain tracking for the Roland OctaCapture
• 10 EaZy Hardware integration for pre-calibrated SPL measurement