This is not the same as having matched frequency response – typically, measurement microphones have nominally flat frequency responses out of the box, and if desired, tolerances can be further tightened electronically with a microphone correction curve. Sensitivity-matching microphones involves sorting of hundreds of capsules to find individual capsules that fall within a close tolerance. Once they are found, they are packaged together to be sold as a set.
In practice, this means you could take a matched pair, triple, or quad etc. – calibrate one of the inputs for SPL – and copy the calibration value to the other inputs; they would all match. To match the microphones in frequency response as well, simply load each microphone's correction file.
Click here for a full product description of the iSEMcon EMX-7150.
Note: Each iSEMcon EMX-7150 comes with individually measured and serialized calibration data. Data can be downloaded from the iSEMcon website by entering your mic's serial #.
- Capsule: ¼” Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response Characteristic: Free Field
- Frequency Range: 10 Hz – 20,000 Hz (Exact value indicated in calibration file)
- Sensitivity: 6 mV/Pa, typical (Exact value indicated in calibration file)
- Operating Voltage: 9-52V DC Phantom Power
- Max SPL: 145 dB SPL typical @ 3% THD
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- 4 EMX-7150 Microphones (matched)
- 4 Mic clamps with adapter screw
- 4 Windscreens
- my.isemcon calibration file QR Code card
- 1 1/4" to IEC 1/2" calibrator adapter