Please note that we can only ship iSEMcon products to the US and Australia.
Matched microphones have the same sensitivity value (mv/Pa), and are packaged together with other microphones that all have the same sensitivity. This means they will produce the same output voltage for a given input, and therefore present the same signal levels to the analyzer as long as the preamp gains are matched as well.
This is not the same as having matched frequency response – typically, measurement microphones have nominally flat frequency responses out of the box, and if desired, tolerances can be further tightened electronically with a microphone correction curve. Sensitivity-matching microphones involves sorting of hundreds of capsules to find individual capsules that fall within a close tolerance. Once they are found, they are packaged together to be sold as a set.
In practice, this means you could take a matched pair, triple, or quad etc. – calibrate one of the inputs for SPL – and copy the calibration value to the other inputs; they would all match. To match the microphones in frequency response as well, simply load each microphone's correction file.
Click here for a full product description of the iSEMcon EMX-7150.
Note: Each iSEMcon EMX-7150 comes with individually measured and serialized calibration data. Data can be downloaded from the iSEMcon website by entering your mic's serial #.
- Capsule: ¼” Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response Characteristic: Free Field
- Frequency Range: 10 Hz – 20,000 Hz (Exact value indicated in calibration file)
- Sensitivity: 6 mV/Pa, typical (Exact value indicated in calibration file)
- Operating Voltage: 9-52V DC Phantom Power
- Max SPL: 145 dB SPL typical @ 3% THD
WHAT’S IN THE BOX?
- 2 EMX-7150 Microphones (matched)
- 2 Mic clamps with adapter screw
- 2 Windscreens
- 1 1/4" to IEC 1/2" calibrator adapter
- 1 protective plastic case with foam cutouts