Rational Acoustics

Jeffsco
December 11th, 2018, 08:10 PM
I'm a bit of a "weekend warrior"...running my small PA for bands on weekends, once or twice a month... in Clubs and Bars. Not a professional by any standards. I am familiar with SMAART and have used the demo's to get a basic understanding of how it works and what it does. I see the value of aligning the subs and using the software to analyze the room anomalies present on a gig. I've read Bob McCarthy's book cover to cover 3 or 4 times. The gigs I play for are usually 100- 300 seat bars or venues...so the PA requirements are rarely more than a Single / Pair of Subs and a couple of 12" or 15" Mid / Hi boxes.

My question is in 2 parts

1. Is there an advantage to having multiple Mic Measurements in this scenario or would 1 Mic moved to multiple positions suffice?

2. Beyond being able to do multiple mic setups at the same time...is there an advantage to buying the Full version of SMAART... given that I'm not setting up Line Array systems , Calculating Reverb Times, Delay systems, or Multiple Sub Arrays....(beyond a basic Cardioid Sub setup...2 or 3 boxes max..) ?

Thanks...looking forward to your feedback.

Timo Beckman
December 18th, 2018, 07:47 PM
On the 1 hand DI2 would suffice but it would take longer to get enough transfer traces to make choices V8 allows that