Rational Acoustics

eugineyune
March 17th, 2016, 11:17 AM
I have a question.
is there anyone who use VI Box from LnearX?

when you make a rough estimate about loudspeaker impedance with Smaartv7 transfer function + VI Box,
do you use [I] Current XLR output of VI box? ( I know there is not impedance measurement function on Smaart v.7)
I saw few related article on the forum, but no clear explanation on there.

gluis
March 25th, 2016, 02:58 PM
I have a VI Box, and I use it to measure impedance with my Smaart 5.4 license. V7 does not have a linear Y scale to measure impedance. It also lacks the calibration subroutine for it, and since I have 5.4 too I rather use it than try to do it with V7.

Where I find the VI Box and V7 combination useful is to measure the DSP behavior of a DSP enabled amp. In this case I only use the Voltage output of the VI Box to measure amp's transfer function.

Hopefully V8 will incorporate in an update the tools to correctly measure impedance. In the meantime I will keep on doing it with 5.4.

I hope this helps.

GS

Niick
March 26th, 2016, 01:59 AM
I use the free application REW to measure impedance. It works brilliantly. Even has a built in calibration routine to compensate for test lead resistance. I also use the DATS v2.

gluis
April 4th, 2016, 02:06 PM
I have a question.
is there anyone who use VI Box from LnearX?

when you make a rough estimate about loudspeaker impedance with Smaartv7 transfer function + VI Box,
do you use [I] Current XLR output of VI box? ( I know there is not impedance measurement function on Smaart v.7)
I saw few related article on the forum, but no clear explanation on there.

Oh and yes, you use both, the (V) and (I) xlr outputs of the VI Box to measure impedance.

opacheco
May 1st, 2017, 10:44 PM
Do somebody could link a tutorial for impedance measuments by smaart 8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk