Rational Acoustics

BSlack
March 1st, 2011, 06:56 PM
Does anyone have thoughts one available systems with EQ and 3-way crossover for studios and cinemas? The Dolby/Lake LPD doesn't seem to be available anymore. I would like something with AES inputs and 3 or 4-way crossover with analog outs.
I have used the JBL 280 and 260 (no AES inputs), and I don't like the EQ's on the QSC (in fairness, I haven't used their newest gear).
Does anyone have experience with the Nion AES? The Nion N6 is great, but I would be curious to try the built in SRC.
Thanks for the input

Brian

FILO4PRES
March 1st, 2011, 11:29 PM
Does anyone have thoughts one available systems with EQ and 3-way crossover for studios and cinemas? The Dolby/Lake LPD doesn't seem to be available anymore. I would like something with AES inputs and 3 or 4-way crossover with analog outs.
I have used the JBL 280 and 260 (no AES inputs), and I don't like the EQ's on the QSC (in fairness, I haven't used their newest gear).
Does anyone have experience with the Nion AES? The Nion N6 is great, but I would be curious to try the built in SRC.
Thanks for the input

Brian

Hi Brian,

Full disclosure I work for LAKE | Lab.gruppen

I think you'd be interested in the LAKE LM26. Its a 2x6 processor or two can be linked together for a 4x12 matrix. Regarding AES the unit has two pairs in and out.

best-

Josh Evans

Please contact me offline if I can be of any help
joshe@tcg-americas.com

martindale
March 2nd, 2011, 08:51 AM
We use a variety of processors for film and studio setups--without going way into details of each system, we use DBX 4800; BSS London; Lake (and used Dolby/ Lake when it was available)...and the built-in systems in Crown amps. Each has their particular strong points, and we weigh cost, I/O configs, and ultimately sound quality to make choices. All the specs are available on line, and if you really want to verify audio quality (they DO differ), get demos. Can discuss more if you want to PM me.