Rational Acoustics

Josh Voyles
December 11th, 2014, 11:06 PM
So I'm in Okinawa setting up pre-positioned gear and I'm running pink noise though the loudspeaker and sub.

I dialed in the system to get close to a flat frequency response but the phase response is odd.

I'm using a Midas Venice 320 into a EAW MX300i crossover into a KF300i (bi-amp) top and SB180 sub.

There's no additional processes and I've tried changing the polarity of the horn and woofer and didn't have much improvement.

Over all, the set up sounds find but I was finding the phase response interesting.

Any thoughts?

Chris Tsanjoures
December 12th, 2014, 11:22 AM
So I'm in Okinawa setting up pre-positioned gear and I'm running pink noise though the loudspeaker and sub.

I dialed in the system to get close to a flat frequency response but the phase response is odd.

I'm using a Midas Venice 320 into a EAW MX300i crossover into a KF300i (bi-amp) top and SB180 sub.

There's no additional processes and I've tried changing the polarity of the horn and woofer and didn't have much improvement.

Over all, the set up sounds find but I was finding the phase response interesting.

Any thoughts?

That is a totally normal phase response for a traditional, biamped system.

Josh Voyles
December 13th, 2014, 08:35 AM
Well then...I have my answer.

Thanks for the response Chris!