Rational Acoustics

Arthur Skudra
April 15th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Ok, now that multiple mic measurement and live averaging has come of age in Smaart v7, I'm finding that I'm getting my system optimizations done a lot quicker. What used to take me say a full day of tweakistry, now just fills a half day! Since I charge by half or full days, now I gotta figure out ways to extend my time on site so I can bill the same as before! I'm open to suggestions.... :D

Ferrit37
April 15th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Charge by the measurement ?

Rasmus Rosenberg
April 15th, 2010, 05:11 PM
Start fishing.... its a good hobby and a lot of fun :)

Im just happy that we now are getting "better and faster" at optimizing. Hopefully it means that the extra time, can get used in the design and rig fase.

Ben Clarke
April 16th, 2010, 02:48 AM
A hire fee for your equipment...

1 x Mic = 1 x Fee + 1 day of optimization
2 x Mic = 2 x Fee + 1 day of optimzation
(y) x Mic = (y) x Fee + (z) x multiple USB/FW device fee + 0.5 day of optimization.

surely we can cover the new equipment costs and spend more time at the bar down the road with this method.

Win win situation.

or you can work two jobs per day but who really wants to do that?

Harry Brill Jr.
April 16th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Very good point Arthur! Not to mention you'll be making it all look so easy.

James Woods
April 21st, 2010, 05:45 AM
Charge by the results. If it looks too easy, a lot of of people will try to do it without understanding all of the rest of things that go before the measurment or the decision making of why doing a particular measurement in a particular way. Let them tie their own noose, their results will not be the same as yours. They can always call you in to redo some elses system alignment....