Smaart v.7 is the first version of Smaart developed and released by Rational Acoustics. Smaart v.7 is a completely new code base developed from the ground-up. By starting with a clean slate, we have been able to reconsider, revise and improve all areas of the program, from the program’s fundamental architecture through to the details of the control interface.
MULTI-CHANNEL, MULTI-PLATFORM, MULTI-MANIA:
Smaart v.7 is inherently multi-channel and multi-platform, able to access modern multi-channel input devices and operate native in both Windows and Mac Operating Systems (both 32- and 64-bit versions). Meaning v7 can run multiple, simultaneous Spectrum and Transfer Function Measurements
BUILT FROM THE START TO MAKE USE OF THE POWER:
From day one, the Smaart v.7 code base was optimized to make use of the all power that modern processor configurations present, whether that be from one processor or eight. Your Smaart rig might not need to use all of your PC’s power right now, but if history is any indicator, you will.
NEW PROGRAM ARCHITECTURE:
Smaart v.7 was designed using object-oriented program architecture. This means that you can run as many simultaneous single-channel (spectrum) and dual-channel (transfer function) measurement engines as your PC will allow. This also means that Smaart is ready for expanded application/interaction beyond the basic program itself including remote GUIs, real-time data export/sharing with other applications and plug-in versions.
ENHANCED, STRENGTHENED, AWESOME-IZED MEASURMENT ENGINES :
All aspects of Smaart’s measurement engines were revisited and everywhere possible, improved. The resulting enhancements range from subtle, “under the hood” improvements to obvious quantum leaps in measurement power, stability, accuracy and ability.
SIMPLER, FRIENDLIER GUI
Much effort has been expended in reducing unnecessary User Interface (UI) clutter. Many of the dialog box-based controls have been replaced with modern “point ‘n’ grab ‘n’ drag ‘n’ click” mouse-based controls. The direct-enter dialogs haven’t gone away – you can still get to them – but they have been moved off of the top level interface, and out of the way.
ENHANCED DATA ACQUISITION
Provides increased and improved access to the devices & signals in our system.
• Unlimited input channels / devices
• ASIO, Wav and CoreAudio input
• Able to reference to internal sources
• Time Domain Filtering / Input Calibration
• Improved fractional-octave banding for RTA and Spectrograph, including 1/48th Octave
• Multi-channel input allows simultaneous display of multiple individual RTAs & “live averages” of active signals
• “Line-Over-Bands” view of RTA displays both raw and banded data
• Scrollable 1000 (+) line history
• Real-time adjustable dynamic range
• Run two spectrographs simultaneously
REAL-TIME MODE: TRANSFER FUNCTION ENGINE (Frequency Response):
• New MTW (Multi-Time Window) FFT provides better than 48th Oct frequency resolution from 60 Hz up.
• Improved fractional-octave smoothing provides better trace readability
• Overload protection – TF average rejects data during input clip.
• Multi-channel input allows multiple, simultaneous transfer functions as well as the calculation of “live-averages” of those measurements
• Groups of Transfer Function measurements can be configured for managing multi-channel system alignment
TF DELAY TRACKING
When engaged, Delay Tracking automatically measures and adjusts the TF delay for every measurement cycle! Go ahead, move the mic, Smaart will track the delay change.
IMPULSE RESPONSE MODE
• “Navigator” pane: Full IR record in linear view for controlling Time Domain zooming
• Time Domain Zoom views: Show zoomed portion of IR as Lin, Log or ETC
• Frequency Domain view: IR in Frequency Domain.
• Spectrograph: Shows IR as Spectrograph, with on-screen adjustable dynamic range
• IR can be filtered in real-time: IR filtered with standard Octave and 1/3rd Octave filters
NEW IN SMAART v.7.4
Released in August 2012, the Smaart v.7.4 update features an enhanced and re-designed IR mode that includes the full functionality of Smaart’s renowned “AcousticTools Intelligibility Module”, with RT60 and early decay time (EDT) calculations (based on ISO standard methods), Clarity (C10, C35, C50, C80), %Alcons (Short and Long), and a fully featured STI measurement capability. Also added to the IR Mode with this release is the ability to display the Schroeder integration curve, new generator sources, and a basic wave recorder. This FREE update for all registered v.7 users provides a robust and intuitive set of tools for making and analyzing Impulse Response measurements
For a full list of all release versions & update history for Smaart v.7 click HERE.