Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smaart 5.4

1. Smaart 5.4

Default Smaart 5.4

This may be a little unorthodox but does anybody know where I can buy a version of Smaart 5.4? i currently own 6 but i am wanting to used Lake Analyzer bridge with my PLM amplifiers. Is this even possible, or is there hope for V7 being compatible with analyzer bridge in the near future?

Thanks

2. Re: Smaart 5.4

Rational Dude

We no longer sell v5.4, or v6 for that matter. We'll contact you via email as there are some instances where you could get a version of v5.4.

As far as the Lake is concerned, Lab.gruppen is planning on incorporating the v7 API with the Lake Controller. Though I can't speak to what their time frame is.

FYI we added an API to Smaart v7.2 which allows other applications to communicate with Smaart over the local network. The API not only serves measurement data but also grants limited control over what measurements are running as well as some of the operational parameters, such as banding, smoothing and averaging.

3. Re: Smaart 5.4

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Black View Post
    We no longer sell v5.4, or v6 for that matter. We'll contact you via email as there are some instances where you could get a version of v5.4.

As far as the Lake is concerned, Lab.gruppen is planning on incorporating the v7 API with the Lake Controller. Though I can't speak to what their time frame is.

FYI we added an API to Smaart v7.2 which allows other applications to communicate with Smaart over the local network. The API not only serves measurement data but also grants limited control over what measurements are running as well as some of the operational parameters, such as banding, smoothing and averaging.
    IIRC I thought v6 included a copy of v5.4?

4. Re: Smaart 5.4

I just bought SMAART 7, and am also interested in the question of old versions.
    One of the systems I support runs JBL DSC260s. Their displays are dying.
    It's unlikely that JBL will write support for legacy devices.
    As I understand it, SMAART licenses are not transferable,
    so buying someone's old copy is not an option.

5. Re: Smaart 5.4

Another request of support for older gear, for Shure dfr11 (cannot use Shure's software with Win 64) and BSS 336 /366 (well, they are still in production)
    others:
    DBX 4800
    DBX 260

I meant for SMAART V7

thank you
    Last edited by Alfredo Prada; February 15th, 2012 at 11:18 AM.
    MBP 2.4 Ghz intel core i7
    8 Gb memory
    OSX 10.9.3
    V7 7.5.0.2
    USB pre II / MOTU 4pre

6. Re: Smaart 5.4

Rational Dude (AKA Karl) Johnny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nottooloud View Post
    I just bought SMAART 7, and am also interested in the question of old versions.
    One of the systems I support runs JBL DSC260s. Their displays are dying.
    It's unlikely that JBL will write support for legacy devices.
    As I understand it, SMAART licenses are not transferable,
    so buying someone's old copy is not an option.
    Please send an email over to support@rationalacoustics.com and we can discuss this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredo Prada View Post
    Another request of support for older gear, for Shure dfr11 (cannot use Shure's software with Win 64) and BSS 336 /366 (well, they are still in production)
    others:
    DBX 4800
    DBX 260

I meant for SMAART V7

thank you
    Alfredo- If you're looking for future integration of those devices with Smaart, you'll have to contact their manufacturers. Direct user requests are the best way to drive those companies towards a solution. As Adam stated, we released an API which allows Smaart 7 data acquisition over the local network. Software and hardware manufacturers can use this to display Smaart data in their own applications.
    Johnny A

Rational Acoustics LLC
    860-928-7828
    www.rationalacoustics.com

7. Re: Smaart 5.4

Johnny, I did contact Shure a while ago regarding the Shure DFR11 software not running in windows 7 64 bit, and they are no longer supporting this discontinued product , no real reason why. If I upgrade to 64 bit, the only way
    I can control the DFR11 is with Smaart v5 of v6 and I lose some options.
    MBP 2.4 Ghz intel core i7
    8 Gb memory
    OSX 10.9.3
    V7 7.5.0.2
    USB pre II / MOTU 4pre

8. Re: Smaart 5.4

Rational Dude (AKA Karl) Johnny's Avatar

Hi Alfredo,

It looks like the DFR11 control app is a 16-bit program, which explains why it won't work with Windows 7. Sad to hear that they aren't supporting it anymore, but it seems they've moved onto newer models
    Johnny A

Rational Acoustics LLC
    860-928-7828
    www.rationalacoustics.com

9. Re: Smaart 5.4

DBX provides client software to operate dbx 260's and 4800's free on their website.
    BSS London Architect will control 336/366 units - free from BSS.
    with respect to the shure product if there was an executable that served the device and it ran on xp it is very likely to run in the xp virtual machine or maybe even in xp compatibility mode.
    Good Luck

10. Re: Smaart 5.4

Rational Instructor Arthur Skudra's Avatar

I find parallels desktop running XP comes in handy for controlling legacy gear.