1. Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100

Default Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100

Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100 is now available for download. This update completes the SPL History window, and also includes fixes for bugs and crashes found in the previous build. Please send your feedback to support@rationalacoustics.com soon, as we're hoping to push this to an official release in the near future.

For those of you already running the Beta build, you can update to the latest version using the built-in program updater by clicking File -> Check For Updates... within Smaart.

If you haven't installed the Beta in the past, you can download the installer from the "Downloads" page within your account at my.rationalacoustics.com.

The Beta Readme has been updated to include information about the new features and bug fixes, you can view it by clicking Help -> Beta Readme within Smaart.

Release Notes

• Added secondary SPL History plot
    • Added Lx and Max metrics to SPL History
    • Bug and crash fixes
    Johnny A

Rational Acoustics LLC
    860-928-7828
    www.rationalacoustics.com

2. Re: Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100

Olá,acessei minha conta e não encontrei a versão 8.2!! minha versão atua é (V.8.1.4.1)

3. Re: Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100

I am using the Beta 8.2.5100.2 for the first time today to check out the new spl features. first issue I noticed is that I am not able to move my SPL meter window to another screen. I am using a Mac and a external monitor. I want to move the SPL window to the external monitor but it won't go there, however all my other Smaart windows go to my extended desktop no problem.

4. Re: Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100

When I stop the logging of SPL it will not restart without quitting the program and re-opening it. At first I had stopped it to change the interval and then tried to restart it. So I tried it a couple times where I changed the interval and also a few times not changing the interval. Anytime I stop the logging I couldn’t get it to re start until I restarted the program.

5. Re: Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100

When I use the input calibration routine I find a difference of 3db between the input full scale measurement and the dBFS value in the spl display this is remarkably different from V8.1. What should I expect ?

6. Re: Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100

Sorry for the late reply! I didn't receive a post notification until Andy posted today. Cleaonard, I believe we've been emailing via support, so let's continue that. I have not yet been able to reproduce the problems that you're seeing.

Andy, which readout are you comparing to the dBFS value in the meter? One thing that you may see is a difference in calculated dB offset due to a math error that essentially padded 3 dB in one place and removed it in another. Overall the readouts should be the same, but the offset may be different compared to 8.1...
    Johnny A

Rational Acoustics LLC
    860-928-7828

7. Re: Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100

Hi Johnny,
    I am comparing the spl display set to dbFS with the level reading the calibration dialog produces. In the past the two would agree...

8. Re: Smaart v8.2 Beta Rev 5100

Well look at that! Good eyes Andy, I forgot all about the little dBFS text on the Calibration Progress screen. It must be calculating its own level (vs referencing the now centralized calculations), we'll get it fixed.
    Johnny A

Rational Acoustics LLC
    860-928-7828