1. Broadband Meter color outline

Default Broadband Meter color outline

Before the realease of the stable version 8.1, is there any chance that we could get the outline of the individual broadband meters to be colored the same as the TF engine that they represent? Color coded broadband meters would be helpful for "at a glance" recognition of which meter is which mic. Of course, as it sits now, I use the naming scheme and the order/layout of the meters to coincide with the mic each meter represents, but to be able to associate each meter with a color, the same way we associate each TF engine/trace with a color would be wonderful.

I know we had discussed this concept once after the initial release of v8, so consider this a humble reminder.

Amazing work guys and gals!

2. Re: Broadband Meter color outline

For what it's worth, I REALLY liked the data handling of the previous beta, I really liked how I could move my active plot legend off to another screen entirely, saving the entire real estate of my center screen for mag phase and IR. also, I really liked how I could choos to show or hide a trace without loosing it to the jungle of traces and folders that I have saved.

I certainly like the ability to show/hide a measuremt engine from the engine itself, like in v7.

3. Re: Broadband Meter color outline

It may be interesting to add the ability to color-code the meters, but we can't color them based on a specific TF. The meters are configured based on a single input, which could be the measurement channel for any number of TFs (with a variety of colors). We could add a color parameter to the meter config though.

Many people didn't like the data handling, and after our instructors taught it in class it became apparent that it was making data management more cumbersome than it was in v7. While you can't move the plot legends around anymore, if you keep your data library organized and make use of Sessions, you can still keep track of hidden traces very easily.
    Johnny A

Rational Acoustics LLC
    860-928-7828
    www.rationalacoustics.com

4. Re: Broadband Meter color outline

Yes, having a color parameter in the meter config would be great! As for the data handling, after a few days of getting used to the most recent version, I think it will work out well. I do really like the session folders, they definitely make life easier. I cant wait for the ability to overlay IRs the same way we overlay mag/phase. Is this still planned for the end of the year?

5. Re: Broadband Meter color outline

Glad to hear that the new Data Handling is growing on you. Unfortunately the multi-IR expansion is definitely not happening for the end of the year. Some other development work has pushed it out; it's currently planned for 8.3
    Johnny A

Rational Acoustics LLC
    860-928-7828
    www.rationalacoustics.com