Rational Acoustics

Johnny
April 22nd, 2019, 03:44 PM
Smaart v8.4 Beta Rev 6316 is now available for download! This update includes an overhauled Delay Finder, Normalized Spectrum Power Averages, and many bug fixes.

For those of you already running the Beta build, you can update to the latest version using the built-in program updater by clicking File -> Check For Updates... within Smaart.

If you haven't installed the Beta in the past, you can download the installer from the "Downloads" page within your account at my.rationalacoustics.com.

The Beta Readme has been updated to include information about the new features and bug fixes, you can view it by clicking Help -> Beta Readme within Smaart or clicking the link below.

Release Notes
• Delay Finder Overhaul - ability to filter results at arbitrary frequencies

• Added Normalized Spectrum Power Average

• Improved performance of FFT computations

• Added hotkeys for New Spectrum and TF Averages dialogs (Shift+CMD+S / T)

• Changed Spectrum Options -> Magnitude Range to be a user-defined default range

• Config Management improvements - rename Config via double-click, added "Overwrite" button

• Trace Average dialog tree now uses the same sort order as the Data Library

• IR "Continuous" state and "Band" settings are now persistent

• Changed Spectrograph threshold widget label to be white in High Contrast mode

• Added border to Color Selection dialog so it doesn't blend in with Trace Info

• Fixed a bug where IR settings would revert to default when starting the first measurement of the program session

• Fixed bug where overall Max values for SPL Fast and Slow were showing the same number (logged data was correct)

• Fixed a bug where modal dialogs would appear behind SPL Meters when meters were set to "Always On Top"

• Fixed a bug where live TF traces would disappear from plot when switching to Multi-Spectrum view and back

• Fixed a bug where captured traces wouldn’t appear in the library until the area below the folder was clicked

• Fixed a bug where IR cursor readout showed the wrong value for amplitude percentage of full-scale

• Fixed bug where Mac build was not displaying the correct system time in API SPL streams

• Fixed a bug where pressing 'Return' in Trace Average dialog did not set the trace name

• Fixed issues with some GUI elements not working with touch or Microsoft Surface Pen

• Fixed an incorrect line ending in the SPL log files

Beta Readme: http://my.rationalacoustics.com/downloads/Smaartv8BetaReadme.pdf

TomLyon
May 8th, 2019, 12:52 PM
In this build I'm experiencing an issue with displaying captured TF traces in the client window. After capturing a trace with the client, the trace won't display unless I 'x' out the stored trace, and then 'un-x' the trace to finally display what was captured.

-Tommy

Johnny
May 9th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Hey Tommy,

I just tested this in both directions (Mac -> Windows and Windows-> Mac) and it seems to be working fine. Can you email me a video of the behavior and/or your config file?