PDA

View Full Version : Best Computer/tablet setup

sweepableQ
August 16th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Hello all,

Looking to improve my tablet/laptop situation. I use Smaart V7 frequently, Meyer Sound Compass, London Architect, System Architect, and I tunes. I really want to walk with the tablet and control V7, I-tunes, and control software. I'm thinking of leaving laptop at FOH (audio interface, and playing I-tunes). Tablet controls laptop.

I currently own PC laptop (Vista), Motion Computing Tablet (Tablet XP), and an IPAD 2. All but the IPAD are well used/aged. I'm not opposed to starting completely over.

Any opinions about the slickest way to accomplish all of this? Thanks for your time in advance.

Matt

Rich Frembes
August 16th, 2011, 02:37 PM
I've really taken to using Splashtop Desktop Remote (on a Vista PC) and its associated iPad2 app to control London Architect and Smaart. The control app is currently $4.99 in the App Store; the PC client is a free download via the Splashtop website.

iPad2 controls are quick and easy, and I find the page refresh rate to be very responsive. When you establish a connection the client app changes your laptop screen resolution to match the iPad's; when you end the connection the laptop resolution automatically returns to its previous state (albeit with scrambled desktop icons).

Cheap, easy, good. It's not often you get all three at once. Check out Splashtop here:

http://www.splashtop.com/remote#null

Rich Frembes
Fulcrum Acoustic

Arthur Skudra
August 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
I'll second Splashtop remote with an iPad 2, works very quick, easy to use.

You also should be aware that a Smaart remote app for the iPad from Studio Six Digital will be coming out soon.

sweepableQ
August 16th, 2011, 06:08 PM
Thanks for the advice with Splashtop. What if I was starting from scratch and didn't own any computer/tablet/IPAD etc...what would you think would be the best combo?

Again thanks for your time in advance.

Harry Brill Jr.
August 31st, 2011, 09:19 PM
Thanks for the advice with Splashtop. What if I was starting from scratch and didn't own any computer/tablet/IPAD etc...what would you think would be the best combo?

Again thanks for your time in advance.

What Arthur has. Fastest mac laptop available and an iPad.

JasmineJensen
April 3rd, 2013, 11:22 AM
Hello all,

Looking to improve my tablet/laptop situation. I use Smaart V7 frequently, Meyer Sound Compass, London Architect, System Architect, and I tunes. I really want to walk with the tablet and control V7, I-tunes, and control software. I'm thinking of leaving laptop at FOH (audio interface, and playing I-tunes). Tablet controls laptop.

I currently own PC laptop (Vista), Motion Computing Tablet (Tablet XP), and an IPAD 2. All but the IPAD are well used/aged. I'm not opposed to starting completely over.

Any opinions about the slickest way to accomplish all of this? Thanks for your time in advance.

Matt
Hello guys searching for latest tablet and my budget is close to $500. I will do online purchasing so please tell the best online store which is reliable and gives nice offers.

Harry Brill Jr.
April 19th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Mac mini comes close. Gotta have a monitor. I'm mot going to recommend retailers.