Rational Acoustics

Niick
August 13th, 2016, 04:42 PM
So ive been running the latest beta alot lately, and one thing Ive definitely found that doesnt seem to work at all is appying a weighting curve to saved traces.

When I load a trace and select "info" then, in the "trace info" window that opens I select a weighting curve (lets say I select the same weighting curve that was used during the acquisition of the data) and hit "apply", then "ok". Nothing happens. Then, if I open the "trace info" dialog again, the weighting will be "none"......even though I had just selected a weighting curve and hit apply. Doesn't matter, it will always be "none".

I took a look at how this whole process behaves in the stable release (8.0.3.1), and it seems to work no problem. In 8.0.3.1, as soon as I hit "apply" the data updates to reflect the weighting that is being applied.

Question: A couple days ago I tuned a system using a custom weighting curve. While the process was happening, any traces that I saved would reflect the weighting that I chose to apply during the tuning.

However, coming back to work today and looking at the data again, the saved traces no longer show the weighting that was applied to them when they were live. Does this make sense? I hope I explained that correctly.

And I was using the most recent Beta.

Lastly, I personally really like the way the Beta handles saved/live data.

Keep up the awesome work Rational Acoustics!

jonnip
January 19th, 2017, 11:40 AM
i also have this problem in the same scenario (custom weighting curves) at the very least if it could be easier to select the weighting curve or apply a weighting curve to a number of trace at the same time that would be awesome

Johnny
January 19th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Hey guys,

We'll find a way to make this work in 8.1.2, I can see how it would be a pain if you're applying different weighting curves to specific traces.