Rational Acoustics

Peter Schneekloth
June 4th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Dear rational guys,

congratulations on your new acoustic adventure!

Who will take care of the Smaart software development, the updates and our wishlist for a new Smaart v6.x version?

Thanks & God speed the plough,
Peter

adam
June 6th, 2008, 12:23 PM
EAW/LOUD owns Smaart and are currently deciding what to do with it.

For our part we will continue to offer Smaart training.

Harry Brill Jr.
June 6th, 2008, 04:59 PM
EAW/LOUD owns Smaart and are currently deciding what to do with it.

For our part we will continue to offer Smaart training.

Who do we call, write, email over there to convince them to get working on it? They should sell controlling interest to a company that truly cares about it. I have some bugs to report and no one to report to.

Arthur Skudra
June 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I think it would be best to contact Joe Fustolo at EAW about any bugs, "unexpected" features, and requests for Smaart for the time being (post them on the EAW forum there). Although I'm not encouraging everyone to "dump" on EAW, Smaart is still their product, and the "powers" there need to see the need for ongoing support. One can hope something could be worked out with Rational to fill this need.

adam
June 6th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Who do we call, write, email over there to convince them to get working on it? They should sell controlling interest to a company that truly cares about it. I have some bugs to report and no one to report to.

Last I knew all inquiries/bug reports should go to Joe Fustolo.

adam
June 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Although I'm not encouraging everyone to "dump" on EAW, Smaart is still their product, and the "powers" there need to see the need for ongoing support.

Absolutely. It is there product and they should be notified concerning feature requests and bug reports.

Harry Brill Jr.
June 6th, 2008, 08:13 PM
I don't feel right about piling on Joe.

adam
June 9th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I don't feel right about piling on Joe.

If you wish to report a Smaart issue to EAW it's the only option you have. I'm not saying pile stuff on him. What I'm saying is if you have need to report a bug or make a feature request talking with Joe is the only avenue currently available. If and when that changes, Joe will redirect as needed.

Joe Fustolo
June 10th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I appreciate that you don't want to dump on me...
But yes Adam is correct, I am the current link to the product from the EAW standpoint and I will address each need or requirement with the powers that be to help (try to) keep the product going strong

Michael Hck
June 11th, 2008, 05:43 PM
So please Joe would you be so kind and give us and all the Smaart-User a statement about how the future of Smaart will be?. Who will do the development to bring Smaart 6 to the point where Smaart 5.4 at least ended up. There are many people asking for all the old features which were alreday used in Smaart 5. Whats about the Dolby Lake Plugin, THD, NC, Presets, Delay comparision etc.?
Who will be the next programer for Smaart. Are you planing an update in the next time?

Many many questions over month with no answer since today.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Best regards

Michael

Harry Brill Jr.
June 12th, 2008, 04:19 AM
Joe,

I was using my MOTU 8pre today and couldn't get anything but a 0ms time on my delay locator. 2 out of more than 50 tries landed the correct result verified by the coherence and phase traces. The measurement setup is solid. The only possible unknown is a new mic which seemed to be working fine. I tried swapping with no luck. And ideas?

Joe, I want multiple live traces please.

Joe Fustolo
June 12th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Believe me, I would love to give you a bunch of good news with version 6, i.e. new programmer, added features and such, but unfortunately i do not have the answers yet.
We are in search of a new programmer (if any of you know any send them our way) but at this time that is all the information that I have.
Once a new programmer is hired and gets up to speed on the program, we will look at all that you (and others) are requesting and try to get them implemented in a relatively fast time frame. But until that time, please bear with us through this process.

Harry,
I honestly could not tell you, and really Adam or Calvert would probably be better at answering that.??

Harry Brill Jr.
June 15th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Believe me, I would love to give you a bunch of good news with version 6, i.e. new programmer, added features and such, but unfortunately i do not have the answers yet.
We are in search of a new programmer (if any of you know any send them our way) but at this time that is all the information that I have.
Once a new programmer is hired and gets up to speed on the program, we will look at all that you (and others) are requesting and try to get them implemented in a relatively fast time frame. But until that time, please bear with us through this process.

Harry,
I honestly could not tell you, and really Adam or Calvert would probably be better at answering that.??

Thanks Joe

kwindrem
August 17th, 2008, 09:39 PM
Joe,

I was using my MOTU 8pre today and couldn't get anything but a 0ms time on my delay locator. 2 out of more than 50 tries landed the correct result verified by the coherence and phase traces. The measurement setup is solid. The only possible unknown is a new mic which seemed to be working fine. I tried swapping with no luck. And ideas?

Joe, I want multiple live traces please.
I've noticed similar behavior if sample rate is set to 96 KHz. I'm not sure if it's a problem with the internal sound on my Gateway laptop or a bug in Smaart 6. It seems to work at 96K (I've got a noise source that's got energy above 48 KHz) after the delay is set.